"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation." II Peter 1:20
1. Must be discerned - judged by mate scriptures
a. 7 mate scriptures to prove doctrine
b. 2 mate scriptures to prove as truth
II Peter 1:21 "For no prophecy was ever borne by man's will; but men spoke from God, being borne on the the Holy Spirit."
Please feel free to listen to this AUDIO, and as you do, scroll through all the notes and sketches below, as there will be additional information, not always covered on each radio show.
Luke 4:29-30 29. "And they rose up and drove him, (Jesus), out of town, and brought him, (Jesus) to the brow of the hill on which their town was built, so that they could throw Him down the cliff.
30. But passing through their midst, He, (Jesus), went away."
Jesus likely became invisible to get out of trouble
He did not leave this earth!
Is our place of safety spiritual first of all, & then physical?
see Luke 4:29-30 below
I Corinthians 12:4-11 4. "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5. And there are diversities of administrations, but the same Lord.
6. And there are diversities of workings, but the same God, who works all things in all.
7. But to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit to profit.
8. For to one is given through the Spirit a word of wisdom; and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit.
9. To another faith in the same Spirit and to another gifts of hearings, in the same Spirit;
10. And to another workings of powers; and to another prophecy; and to another discerning of spirits; to another kinds of tongues; and to another interpretation of tongues;
11. But all these work the one and same Spirit, dividing to each severally as He (The Holy Spirit) wills."
Matthew 3:8 (1-12 + John 15:1-16
Mate Scriptures Add to Make
a More Complete Picture
Jesus is the true vine and we are the branches, any branch that does not bear fruit withers and is thrown away like a branch into the fire, and they are burned
Philippians 3:11-14 11. "If somehow I may attain to the out resurrection, out of the dead.
12. Not that I have already received, or am already made perfect: but I follow on, if so be that I may apprehend that for which I was apprehended by Christ Jesus.
13. Brethren, I reckon not myself to have apprehended: but one thing, forgetting that which is behind, and stretching forward to those things which are before.
14. I press on toward the mark into the prize of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Psalms 12:6 "The words of Yahweh are pure words: as silver is tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times."
"In Search of Truth"
Resurrection and Judgment are Doctrine,
Requiring 7 Proofs to refine the Truth from man's ideas
To put this principle into practice, we would take, for instance, "The Resurrection", or "Judgment" and present it in 7 different, unassociated groups of Bible students. The 7 different groups were also, independently, reading the same Bible verses with their complete contexts.
Then, like it says in Isaiah 1:18, we would reason together. Each group would have an input and would add to the "Big Picture. As the different groups would share what the Holy Spirit was teaching them, it would continue to be refined. Isaiah 1:18 required us all to listen, and also invites all to have an input.
P.S. Only the Holy Spirit is "Teacher", all the rest of us are students.
Colossians 3:1-4 1. "If therefore you have been co-raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is seated at God's right hand.
2. Set your mind on the things above, not on those on the earth.
3. For you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4. Whenever Christ, Who is our life, will appear, then you will also appear with Him in glory."
Like God protected His Kids from Egypt's 10 Plagues in a portion of Egypt called Goshen.
Where is the place of protection for God's kids?
(See the following 9 Scriptures)
Psalms 95:1 "O Come let us sing to Yahweh: Let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our Salvation
Psalms 61:1-8 1. "Hear my cry O God attend to my prayer.
2. From the end of the earth I will cry unto You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to The Rock that is higher than I.
3. For You have been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
4. I will abide in Your Tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shadow of Your Wings. Selah
5. For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your Name.
6. You will prolong the king's life and his years as many generations.
7. He will abide before God forever; O prepare mercy and Truth which may preserve him.
8. So I will sing praise to Your Name forever, that I may daily perform my vows."
Matthew 3:8 (1-12)
One Full Context,
Jesus called the religious leaders a brood of vipers, telling them to bear fruit in keeping with their repentance
God's church is not lead by one man
The word Church in the original Hellena Greek Bible is ekklesia, meaning a called out group of people lead by God's Spirit. In Matthew 18:20 ,Jesus says: "For wherever 2 or 3 are gathered in My name, there I am in your midst. The above stated format for fellowship that includes all who participate should be evident. Everyone participating, is important!
Revelation 12:13-17 13."And when the dragon, (Rev 20:2 "...the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and satan..."), saw that he was thrown down to the earth, he persecuted the woman that brought forth the male.
14. And two wings of a great air flier were given to the woman that she may fly to the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished there for a season, and seasons, and half a season, from the face of the serpent.
15, And the serpent cast water out of his mouth like a river, that he might cause her to be carried away by the river.
16. And the earth helped the the woman, and the earth opened her mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17. And the dragon was enraged over the woman and went away to make war with the rest of her seed, that keep the commandments of God, and hold to the testimony of Jesus."
6 Tools given in I Cor. 14:26-33 quoted above, to find the Truth
6. Discerning or Judging
Is everyone in your fellowship participating? What if the teacher, or minister says something that is not truth, are all the others, just going along? Are all those present, reasoning together through God's Word
Psalms 94:22 "...Yahweh is my defense; and My God is the Rock of my refuge."
Add Galatians 5:16-26
Another Mate Adds more Detail to Fruit
The Fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Long-suffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness & Self Control
John 16:13 "But when the One comes, The Spirit of Truth, he will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak from Himself, but whatsoever He hears, these shall He speak; and He will declare to you the things to come."
Putting the Puzzle
I Corinthians 14:26-33 26."What is it then brethren? When you come together, each has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be unto edifying.
27. If any speaks in a tongue, let it be by two, or at most three, and in turn; and let one interpret:
28. but if there is no interpreter, let him be silent in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
29. And let prophets speak by two or three, and let the others discern.
30. But if a revelation is made to another sitting by, let the first be silent.
31. For you can all prophesy one by one, that all my learn, and all may be exhorted;
32. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets;
33. For God is not a God of confusion, but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints."
A Godly man once told me "If what we believe to be truth does not stand in the light of the gospel, it is not truth" Psalms 119:160 says, "The sum of Thy word is Truth..."
This study on the Resurrection and Judgment is the result of a study of all places in the Bible these words are found!
Psalms 42:9 "I will say unto God my rock, why have You forgotten me why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
3 Examples of Mate Scriptures Below, regarding Fruit
Isaiah 34:16 "Seek ye out of the Book of the LORD and read, not one of these shall be missing; none shall lack it's MATE..."
Gilbert and Friends
Psalms 27:4-5 4. "One thing have I desired of Yahweh, that I will seek after, that I may dwell in the House of Yahweh all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of Yahweh and to inquire in His Temple.
5. For in the time of trouble He will hide me in His Pavilion: in the secret of His Tabernacle He will hide me; and He will set me upon a rock."
First and most important, The Holy Spirit is in the lead!
I Corinthians 12:4-11 & John 16:13
Psalms 17:8 "Keep me, Jesus, as the apple of Your eye, hide me under the shadow of your wings."
Copyright © 2007-2018 GILBERTANDFRIENDS.NET.
All rights reserved.
- In Search of the Land of Truth -
II Thess. 2:9-10 One must love truth to be saved!
Have you ever been to a church where all actively participate in the instructions found in I Corinthians 14:26-33?